TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Subsection 1. Active membership
- Nurses related to thoracic surgical nursing.
Subsection 2. Associated membership
- Nurses who are not active in thoracic surgical nursing.
- Retired thoracic surgery nurses.
- People other then nurses who have been granted a personal membership of SATNU.
2013 GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Agenda for the General Assembly SATNU General Assembly 23.08.2013
4th Scandinavian Joint Meeting in Cardiothoracic Surgery/Nursing
The agenda of the general meeting:
- Appointment of moderator.
- Appointment of minute taker and two vote counters.
- Approval of notification and summons.
- Approval of agenda.
- Recording of participating members.
- Going over and approval of the board's report. (Anita).
- Going over and approval of the committees' report. (Marita)
- Going over and approval of accounts (Unni).
- Appointment of the president every third year 2012.
- Appointment of board members (see §9, subsection 3) who is coming up for election, this year it is Mervi (Finland) & Christine (Sweden).
- Appointment of committees and their members as necessary Marita (Finland) is the chair of the science committee, and members are Lotte Brahe (Denmark), Kari Hanne Gjeilo (Norway), and Gunilla Barr (Sweden).
- Appointment of two accountants (every year), only one, suggest Unni.
- Submitted proposals.
2013 GENERAL ASSEMBLY MINUTES
More information will come...
2013 ANNUAL REPORT
The annual report from the board of SATNU, august 2013.
The activity of the board has been:
4 board meetings this year from august 2012 to august 2013. (10/9-12, 29/11-12, 31/1-13, 7/5-13).
The 4 meetings have taken place on SKYPE. The meetings last from 1-2 hours. From one meeting to another we always decide date and time for the next meeting. Having the meetings on SKYPE is working very well for us. At each meeting somebody is taken the minutes.
The subjects of the meetings this year has been these put in order of priority:
- this congress in Århus, Denmark. But the organizing committee has needed much help. We have arranged with the two prizes for best presentation and best poster.
- the website: www.SATNU.org. The website is working now. Here you can see the names of the board members. There is a link to SATS and Scansect. The articles can be found here, newsletters and the annual report will be available here.
- FACEBOOK. SATNU is on facebook now as well, so please like us.
- Discussing where to have the bank account, and looking into the cheapest way and country. The account is been moved to Norway.
- we have discussed how to get nurses to join SATNU, how to spread out the knowledge about SATNU,
- how to keep the members and collect the fee every year. Have decided that if you have been a to a congress you will be seen as a members the following year.
- we have tried to get time to make a Cook Book for how to arrange the congress, but there hasn’t been time this year. SATNU’s board plan to take this up right away after the general assembly.
These are the main subjects we have been working with this year. The work has often been shared between the members of the board.